Sunday, April 20, 2014

Digital Storytelling in the Classroom

How I would use digital storytelling in the classroom:

The assignment: Pick two different countries and show me a connection between them. It can be a similarity, a common food or cultural practice, two places you have been or read about or two places you would like to visit. Use Animoto to create a free 30 second video illustrating the connection. Feel free to use your own videos, photos, and songs or use the ones available on the site. Get creative and share with the class!

I started with my favorite recording artist Regina Spektor, she sings in both Russian and French; two countries and languages that I love to study. I shared my personal travel photos and uploaded the Russian/French version of the song "Don't Leave Me".

Here it is!
Russia and France

1 comment:

  1. Your idea of having the students compare two countries sounds intriguing. Of course in your rubric you would have to specify how much written language would have to be included, unless the photo-story would just be part of a larger language assignment.

    ReplyDelete